Monday, June 20, 2011

Black Square

Ultimately I had to say something about this piece of work. When I saw this in our book for the first time I thought it was a joke. I could not believe that someone actually called this giant geometric object real design or art. I could not see past what it truly was, which is just a black square. Then I thought about it for a bit and after questioning why the designer thought this was ok, I realized something. This giant black square may be the design, but you have to look past the design into your feelings and mind. It is not about what the object is or the color, it is about what could lie beyond this or what could even be inside this deep darkness. I ultimately decided I actually like the concept behind the piece, whether I just made it up or it was intended by the artist I think it could open doors to others minds as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment